Roadhouse USA location:
ADA MP-2 Midi Tube Guitar Preamp W/ MXC Foot Controller.
Very clean version of the now hard to find and sought after ADA MP-2.
Unit works great and comes as pictured with the even more rare MXC foot-board.
- Complete digital control of an all-analog signal path.
- 128 User programs plus 39 factory Preset programs.
- Two low-noise 12AX7A tubes with 10 tube voicing settings and overdrive.
- Onboard compressor for maximum sustain and funk squeeze.
- Four-band tone controls for basic tone shaping.
- Nine-band graphic equalizer for detailed tone adjustments.
- Powerful effects, including wah-wah, tremolo, and stereo chorus.
- Noise reduction circuitry to reduce unwanted hum and noise at high gain settings.
- Stereo effects loop with programmable mix control. Side-chain design keeps dry signal within MP-2, preserving dynamics and signal-to-noise ratio.
- Speaker emulation circuit and room compensation equalization.
- Cabinet-emulated, balanced XLR outputs with ground lift, as well asunbalanced 1/4″ phone outputs for recording.
- Independent unbalanced 1/4″ phone outputs for stage use.
- Front and rear panel 1/4″ phone inputs for easy access.
- Complete MIDI implementation, including Real-Time MIDI for changing parameters “on the fly.”
- Optional MIDI Controller Pedal Pack provides instant access to any program for fast on-stage control, plus real-time MIDI continuous control.
This preamp unit is the improved version of now legendary ADA MP1 preamp, which were used by many guitarists including Kirk Hammett of Metallica, Nuno Bettencourt of Extreme and Vitto Bratta of White Lion to name a few.
Compared to MP1, it has more amp voicing (3 vs 10), more effects (Wah, Tremolo, Compressor, 9 band graphic EQ and Noise gate), and 1 more effects loop (1 vs 2) making it more versatile.
This is an analog preamp with digital control, keeping the warm and ear pleasing analog tone while taking advantage of digital technologies.