Roadhouse USA location:
Beautiful Guild D-55 – Antique Burst Acoustic Dreadnaught Guitar.
Killer sounding USA made Guild that still has the plastic on the pickguard!
These are a tone machine and you can get this one for well over a grand off the price of a new one.
Shows a few small marks here and there,(pictured) but the neck is great and the frets show little to no wear at all.
It comes as pictured with original Guild hard case and paperwork.
The rosewood back and sides are spectacular on this guitar. If you have been searching around for a great deal on one of these, this is the one!
The Definitive Guild Dreadnought Is Better Than Ever
For a traditional dreadnought that mics easily and sounds balanced up and down the neck, look no further than Guild’s best-seller: the Guild D-55 acoustic. This is the definitive strummer. With its American build quality and nods to the 1968 original, we’re pleased to say that the modern Guild D-55 is better than ever. Its classic AAA Sitka spruce-topped Indian rosewood body projects and blooms beautifully thanks to the Ferguson Adirondack spruce bracing, offering clean note separation for fingerpickers and a rich framework for songwriters. The D-55 ships elegantly appointed with a soft nitrocellulose finish, abalone/pearl inlays, a tortoiseshell/ABS soundhole rosette, and tortoiseshell body binding & purfling.
The D-55: Guild’s surprise best seller
It may surprise you to learn that D-55 dreadnought wasn’t among Guild’s first releases. In fact, in came much later in Guild’s career, in 1968, as a special-order upgrade to the D-50 Bluegrass Special. But so well loved were its full, balanced tone and music hall appointments that by 1974, the D-55 became a standard issue, and eventually a best seller, as it remains to this day. Sweetwater is confident that pickers and strummers of all stripes will fall in love with the Guild D-55’s satisfying tone, enriching playing experience, and beautiful appointments. Order yours today.
Guild D-55 Acoustic Guitar Features:
- The flagship of the Guild acoustic guitar line
- Beloved by players ranging from bluegrass pickers to folk strummers
- Designed in the spirit of the 1968 original
- Easy to mic up — a studio mainstay
- Balanced tone up and down the comfortable “C” 3-piece neck
- Indian rosewood body with AAA Sitka spruce top yields a brilliant, full-bodied sound
- Elegantly appointed
- Tortoiseshell rosette, binding, and purfling
- One of the most recognizable headstocks in the industry
- Ebony fingerboard adorned with abalone/pearl V-Block inlays
- Bone nut and saddle maximize string sustain
- Breathable nitrocellulose finish
- Built with care in New Hartford CT, USA