Roadhouse USA location:
Aircraft Amplification Atomic 20 Guitar Tube Combo Amp.
Super cool amp that is not only great sounding, it is very unique looking. It will get loud, but also very nice tones at lower volume levels.
There is not a ton of info out there involving these amps and as such, they are a bit of a mystery. Supposedly EVH had something to do with the original design/idea for these, but I have no clue if that is urban myth or not.
I did find the website aircraftamps.com was up from 2002 up to 2005.
The prototype was wired up by Doug Roccaforte who happened to do some work for EVH. This is probably the EVH connection:) but if you know anything about Roccaforte or have owned any of his amps, you know that he is a genius amp designer whose stuff is killer. It also looks like these may have been designed as a bit of modern spin on the Watkins Dominator.
Other than that, I don’t know a ton about it other than it sounds great and looks awesome too!
- Serial # 0007
- Super Rare, only 50 amps made
- Finish/Color: White / Black
- Weight: 42 lbs
- Watts: 18w
- Ohms: 8 ohms min
- Tube Config:
- 1 x 12AX7LP
- 2 x 12AX7
- 2 x EL84/6BQ5
- Speaker Size: 2 x 10″
- Speaker Type: 2 x Special Design for Aircraft Amps, Built by Eminence, 10″ 8 Ohm Speakers
- Two Channels: Green – Clean/Low Gain (Gain knob pushed in) and Red – Dirty/High Gain (Gain knob pulled out)
- Extremely Versatile Range of Tones from Warm Fender-like Clean to LOUD Modded-Marshall High-Gain Distortion (and all tones in between)