Roadhouse USA location:
Mesa Boogie Simul 395 Stereo Rack Mount Tube Power Amp.
Very good condition, especially for its age.
2 sets of Mesa Boogie 6L6 tubes.
Awesome, hard to find stereo power amp.
• SIMUL CLASS™ POWER.
• 95 WATTS PER CHANNEL: 4 X 6L6 PER CHANNEL.
• 2 “LEVEL”, 2 “PRESENCE” CONTROLS PER CHANNEL.
• “DEEP EXTEND/NORMAL” VOICING SWITCH PER CHANNEL.
• “HALF DRIVE/FULL POWER VOICING/POWER REDUCTION” SWITCH PER CHANNEL.
• INDIVIDUAL “STANDBY” SWITCH FOR EACH CHANNEL.
• IMPROVED VENTING WITH 2 COOLING FANS PER CHANNEL.
• COLOR CODED POWER INDICATING LEDS FOR EACH CHANNEL.
• SIMUL-CLASS/CLASS A SWITCH (OPERATES WITH SWITCHING LOGIC).
• PARALLELED 1/4” INPUT FOR “MONO” OPERATION.
• “SWITCHTRACK” LOGIC PORT (1/4” JACK).
• 2 X 8, 2 X 4 SPEAKER OUTPUTS PER CHANNEL.
• REDUCED TO 3 RACK SPACES (5 1/4” HIGH) !
The 395 uses four 6L6’s per channel in our unique and patented Simul-Class™ circuit. The Simul 395 – weighing in at 95 watts per side – boasts a smooth, mysterious and liquid response that many players find captivating for lead playing. This is the seductive smouldering Simul-Class sound with its uniquely vocal quality. Rear-panel Class A switches – a hold-over from the Simul 295 – reduce power by cutting off one pair of output tubes, though you may prefer the somewhat similar sounding Half Drive function on the front. Even though the 395’s major talent lies in its trademark Simul howl, its clean sound is crisp and bright with plenty of headroom for even the biggest clubs.
WHAT IS SWITCHTRACK?
SwitchTrack is like having two stereo power amps in one: Track 1 can be set for clean while Track 2 is set to enhance distortion. It’s like having Channel-switching in your power amp – only more – because SwitchTrack is not limited to switching between clean response and distortion. You can easily set it to switch between two different clean sounds. Or two different distortion sounds (one for crunch, another for lead) with different lows, highs, power levels and gain structures.