Roadhouse USA location:
Tone King Gremlin 5-watt 1×12″ Tube Combo Amp W/ Attenuator Turquoise.
Brand new condition. Awesome color, looks great sitting in your living room. Even your wife will love it!
This one comes with a complete extra set of tubes plus a JJ Gold Pin 5751.
Vintage Tone with Modern Control
Whether you play onstage or at home, the Tone King Gremlin 5-watt 1 x 12″ tube amp will supply you with the juiced-up sounds of Blackface- and tweed-era guitar amplifiers in a convenient, compact combo. With two inputs and controls for Volume and Tone, the Gremlin couldn’t be easier to use. The Rhythm channel is a higher-headroom tone that brings to mind the clean American sound of the ’60s. The Lead input takes you to the warm and compressed drive of some of the best tweed tones out there. And Tone King’s own Ironman power attenuator is waiting onboard to bring those cranked-amp tones to a bedroom-friendly level. If your tonal tastes demand gritty and raw American tones, you’ll fill your need with the Tone King Gremlin.
Tweed and Blackface tones on demand
With such a straightforward control layout, it’s amazing how many tones you can pull from this punchy combo. If you want a cleaner tone, the Rhythm channel will deliver the chime and sparkle you need. Do you like pushing your amp harder? Plug into the Lead channel for the unmistakable throaty drive of a cranked tweed combo. And best of all, throw an optional A/B/Y switch into the mix, and you’ll be switching channels and even jumping them together on the fly. This flexibility has made the Gremlin popular among many guitarists at Sweetwater.
To get the most out of this Tone King Gremlin, you need to give the surprisingly loud 5-watt power section enough of a kick to get the tubes working hard. Thankfully, you’ll find Tone King’s popular Ironman attenuator built in, offering you the power-tube grit you want at the perfect volume for the stage, the studio, or even the living room. And best of all, the attenuator’s reactive load ensures your Gremlin will react and feel the same all the way through its entire range.
Compact in size, not tone
One of the greatest benefits of adding a Gremlin to your amp arsenal is the ability to fit it easily into your car’s trunk, onto a cramped stage, or out of the way in your home. And you’ll never sacrifice your larger-than-expected tone, thanks to a specially designed cabinet and 12″ speaker that sing with the low-end punch and top-end clarity of a much larger tube amp.
Tone King Gremlin 5-watt 1 x 12″ Combo Guitar Amp Features:
- Compact tube combo with American-style tones
- Rhythm and Lead inputs offer differing levels of headroom and gain
- Tones range from Blackface cleans to tweed-era grind
- Switch between or jump the channels with an optional A/B/Y footswitch
- Onboard Ironman power attenuator achieves cranked-amp tones at whisper-quiet levels
- Custom-voiced cabinet and 12″ speaker offer a much larger voice than expected
- Number of Channels:2
- Total Power:5W, built-in variable attenuator
- Speaker Size:1 x 12″ Celestion 870 speaker
- Preamp Tubes:2 x 12AX7
- Power Tubes:1 x KT66
- EQ:Tone control
- Inputs:1 x 1/4″ (rhythm), 1 x 1/4″ (lead)
- Outputs:1 x 1/4″ (line out)
- Footswitch I/O:1 x 1/4″ (channel, tremolo)
- Footswitch Included:No
- Construction Material:Baltic Birch cab with turquoise finish
- Power Source:Standard IEC AC cable
- Weight:29 lbs.
- Manufacturer Part Number:Gremlin Combo – Turquoise – New