Just in to Roadhouse is an awesome, Custom Built Jackson USA Edge bass guitar!
Jackson USA Custom Shop “Edge” Bass designed and built by Jackson Master Builder Mike Shannon
This is an incredible, one of a kind piece that you will not find anywhere else.
It is in mint condition and plays and sounds as good as it looks.
Comes complete with all paperwork and original G&G case.
This was 1 of 4 basses built in 2011 by Mike Shannon for Dave Ellefson to check out prior to building his signature model through Jackson. Each one had slightly different features and were, in effect prototypes in a way for what would become the Ellefson Signature model. He chose the features he liked the best for his model. The 4 basses that were used for this process were then sold by Jackson for $6k each. This is one of the four.
Here are a few pics of this bass as well as the others taken in the Jackson room at the 2012 NAMM show:
– Neck Thru bass, Alder body with Flame Maple top
– Quartersawn Maple neck with Thin U profile
– Ebony fretboard with Piranha Pearl Inlays
– 34“ Scale with 24 Jumbo Frets
– Black Binding on the neck and headstock
– Matching Flame Maple Headstock
– Hipshot Tuners
– Badass Bridge
– “Mike Shannon” Truss Rod Cover
– 1 9/16” Graphite Nut
– EMG-35 DC (bridge) and EMG-P (neck) Pickups
– 1 Volume, 1 Pickup Selector control
– EMG BQS System with Tone controls
– Dunlop Dual Strap Locks
– All Black Hardware
– Trans Red finish on body and headstock
– Gunstock Oil finished back of the neck
You can also see a couple of the other basses as well as this one here in the Jackson promo pics: