- Selection Required: Select product options above before making new offer.
- Error: There was an error sending your offer, please try again. If this problem persists, please contact us.
1987 Ibanez VM1 Vinnie Moore Signature Guitar-White-Ultra Rare
1987 Ibanez VM1 Vinnie Moore Signature Guitar with Ibanez hard case.
Roadhouse USA location:
Ultra Rare 1987 Ibanez VM1 Vinnie Moore Signature Guitar!
One of only 25 made. (25 made in white, 25 also made in the Splatter finish for a total of 50 worldwide back in 1987)
Very, very cool guitar in nice vintage condition. It shows a few clearcoat dings that are pictured, but overall the guitar has aged superbly.
Neck is great, frets show very little wear, and it plays just like you would expect it to.
Comes as pictured with form-fit Ibanez hard case.
Specs & Details:
The Ibanez VM1, also known as the Ibanez Star-4, is a signature guitar model of American guitarist Vinnie Moore. It is the only Vinnie Moore series model Ibanez made. It only appears in the 1989 catalog, but production presumably started as early as 1987.
The VM1 is based on the 1986 Roadstar model, a shape Ibanez abandoned for regular production models after 1987. It has an ebony fingerboard and DiMarzio pickups. Unique feature is the Edge II tremolo, a non-locking version of the original Edge. It was the first signature model featuring the All Access Neck Joint. The VM1 was available in two finishes: white with a black pickguard and a “Splatter” finish with a white pickguard.
- Name: VM1
- Years: 1987-1989
- Areas: USA
- Made in: Japan
- Finishes: WH (White) / Sh (Splash)
- Body material: Honduras Mahogany
- Neck joint: AANJ
- Bridge: Edge II
- Hardware color: Chrome
- Pickguard:WH: Black SH: White
- Neck Neck material:1-Piece Maple
- Fingerboard:Ebony Inlays: Pearl Dots
- Frets:22 / Jumbo
- Electronics PU Config: HH
- Neck PU:DiMarzio Double Whammy
- Bridge PU:DiMarzio Double Whammy
- Controls:1 Volume / 1 Tone / 3-Way Lever