Roadhouse USA location:
2014 Gibson Derek Trucks Signature SG Guitar W/Case/Paperwork.
Excellent condition Derek Trucks SG.
Comes as pictured with original hard case and paperwork.
This guitar has barely been played.
Very light as you would expect at 6.6 lbs.
Gibson’s Derek Trucks SG is a reissue of Derek’s favorite solidbody electric guitar. A regular on Rolling Stone’s list of the 100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time, Derek is a legend in the making. He’s been quoted as saying that if he had to save one guitar in a house fire, it would be his beloved ’61 Reissue SG. Well, here it is for your shredding pleasure: the streamlined lightweight mahogany body, the slim-profile neck, the ’57 Classic humbuckers, and the faux Lyre tailpiece. Experience fluid playability, amazing looks, and impeccable tone with Gibson’s Derek Trucks SG.
Gibson Derek Trucks SG Solidbody Electric Guitar at a Glance:
- ’57 Classic humbuckers deliver spot-on PAF tone
- You just can’t beat the feel of this slim SG neck
- Nitrocellulose finish for yummy vintage looks and feel
- PLEK’d for precision playability
’57 Classic humbuckers deliver spot-on PAF tone
The pickups that Gibson spec’d for the Derek Trucks SG are as true to the sound of the original 1961 model as it gets. That’s because Gibson engineered their ’57 Classic humbuckers to capture the warmth, smooth playing dynamics, and overall character of their breakthrough PAFs. When you think of the slightly rude sound of classic rock, you’re already imagining the fat, snarling tone you’ll hear when you play your SG Standard through a tube amp cranked to 11.
You just can’t beat the feel of this slim SG neck
The Derek Trucks SG gives you the smooth feel and fast action of Gibson’s SG slim-profile neck. Early Les Pauls had huge necks, but by 1960 the neck underwent several modifications, eventually becoming the standard slim-profile carve. This SG takes the evolution of fast Gibson guitar neck profiles one step further, making this the fastest SG ever designed. And when you add to that the ultra-smooth feel of its bound rosewood fingerboard, you get the best of both comfort and performance from the Gibson Derek Trucks SG.
Nitrocellulose finish for yummy vintage looks and feel
The Gibson Derek Trucks SG wears a gorgeous nitrocellulose lacquer finish. Nitro finishes – standard back in the day – are significantly thinner than today’s polyurethane finishes, allowing the guitar to breathe. Nitro finishes not only look vintage-y wonderful; they also enhance the instrument’s tonal qualities. Add to that this guitar’s classy period-correct faux Lyre tailpiece, and your 2014 Gibson Derek Trucks SG has the look and feel of a classic solidbody electric guitar. And so it is.
PLEK’d for precision playability
This Gibson Derek Trucks Signature SG feels fast and precise, thanks in large part to PLEK processing. Typically reserved for top-dollar custom guitars, this process levels the frets with pinpoint precision, providing you with the most playable fretboard you’re likely to own. Each note rings loud and clear, and the fret edges feel smooth as silk.
Gibson Derek Trucks SG Solidbody Electric Guitar Features:
- Streamlined, lightweight mahogany body with extra-deep scarf is ultra-comfortable during long gigs
- Mahogany SG slim-profile neck lets you work up serious playing speed
- Bound rosewood fingerboard with trapezoid inlays looks incredible and feels great under your fingers
- Chrome Tune-o-matic bridge with faux Lyre tailpiece; vintage-style tuners
- 2 x ’57 Classic humbuckers deliver an arsenal of tone
- Nitrocellulose lacquer finish gives you yummy vintage looks and feel
- Black pickup mounting rings; no pickguard
- Derek signature truss rod cover
- Hardshell case included
- Made in Nashville, Tennessee