Roadhouse Vintage USA location:
Brand New Fender Custom Shop Jimi Hendrix Voodoo Child Stratocaster, Journeyman Relic in Olympic White.
Guitar is in unplayed collector’s condition and comes complete with COA, commemorative strap, all case candy and original Fender case of course.
Save $1000 off the price of a new one and get this one in the same, new condition!
Closer to Jimi Than Ever Before
Right-handed guitarists have never been able to get as close to the unique magic that Hendrix harnessed as they can with the Fender Custom Shop Jimi Hendrix Voodoo Child Stratocaster. By utilizing a reverse headstock, reversing the bridge pickup’s slant, and even reversing the magnets in the pickups, the Voodoo Child Strat sings with the recognizable tone that helped propel Jimi’s most memorable passages. And to complete the vintage appeal, the Fender Custom shop is offering their Journeyman relic to the guitar’s nitrocellulose finish.
Reverse headstock offers far more than looks
Not many players have cut such an iconic stage presence as Jimi Hendrix and his flipped-over Strats. But the look of that reversed headstock brought Jimi way more than an identifiable look. It increased string length to the low strings, which adds tension to the strings, giving you a more pronounced tone and a tighter feel. And the shorter string length of the higher strings lightens the string tension for easier bending. That’s why if you want to nail Jimi’s vibe, you need a Strat like his.
Classic Hendrix tones
The Custom Shop ’69 single-coil pickups on the Jimi Hendrix Strat get you extremely close to his sound. The vintage-style construction ensures you’ll hear a clear output, with plenty of Strat chime. But it’s the reverse bridge pickup and the reversed magnets throughout that set this trio of pickups apart. By flipping his guitars over, Jimi tilted the pickup in the opposite way from most Strats. By offering you the same construction, you’ll attain tight, warm sounds, with enhanced upper harmonics.
Journeyman Relic finish for vintage feel and character
If you want your guitar to look and feel broken in, but without the road scars, you’ll love the Journeyman Relic finish on this Fender Custom Shop Jimi Hendrix Voodoo Child Stratocaster. With looks as though it has been a well-cared-for, long-played member of your — or Jimi’s — guitar collection for years, this Stratocaster will feel like an old friend the minute you pick it up.
Fender Custom Shop Jimi Hendrix Voodoo Child Stratocaster Features:
- Solidbody electric crafted to nail Hendrix’s definitive tones
- Custom Shop ’69 single-coil pickups with Hendrix-correct reverse magnets
- Reverse bridge pickup slant offers a warmer tone
- Reverse headstock nails the classic look while offering enhanced playability
- Journeyman relic finish gives the nitrocellulose lacquer a broken-in feel and look
- ’66 neck profile fills your hand like a great vintage instrument
- Real bone nut
- Body Type:Solidbody
- Body Shape:Jimi Hendrix Voodoo Child Stratocaster
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Material:2-piece Select Alder
- Body Finish:Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Color:Olympic White
- Neck Material:Maple
- Neck Shape:’66 Strat Oval C
- Fingerboard Material:Maple
- Fingerboard Inlay:Black Dots
- Number of Frets:21, Narrow Jumbo
- Scale Length:25.5″
- Nut Width:1.650″
- Nut Material:Bone
- Bridge/Tailpiece:6-saddle American Vintage Synchronized Tremolo
- Neck Pickup:Custom Shop Hand-wound ’69 Strat Single-coil
- Middle Pickup:Custom Shop Hand-wound ’69 Strat Single-coil
- Bridge Pickup:Custom Shop Hand-wound ’69 Strat Single-coil
- Controls:1 x master volume, 2 x tone (neck, middle), 5-way blade pickup switch
- Strings:Fender USA, NPS, .010-.046
- Case Included:Deluxe Hardshell Case
- Manufacturer Part Number:151-0682-805