Roadhouse USA location:
Gibson Custom 50th Anniversary Murphy Aged Les Paul Goldtop and Marshall Bluesbreaker Set.
50 Les Pauls and 50 Bluesbreakers made worldwide.
Les Paul was factory plek’d and weighs in at 8.8lbs.
Very rare to ever find one of these combos on the secondary market. Most all of these went to collectors and there were only 15 available in the United States. This particular set has a bit of a story to it……
This set was collector owned and the numbers are non-matching. They are, in fact, book-ended, if you will. The Les Paul is #50 of 50 made, and the Bluesbreaker is #1 of 50 made.
The story is that the owner came by guitar #50 but it had become separated from the matching amp. So at great expense, he tracked down one of the 50 Marshall Bluesbreakers made in this series, and bought it from an ex-Marshall employee in Great Britian. The amp happens to be #1 of 50 made, as is evidence by the plate/badge on the amp. So while the set is not matching #’s, they are in fact the first amp made, and the last guitar made in this very limited edition combo.
Also of note is while the Les Paul comes with all tags, COA, etc, the Marshall comes with the footswitch, matching hand-stitched cover, and of course all the badges on the amp identifying what it is. No other booklet comes with the amp and this set has been priced accordingly.
The Les Paul of course is superb. The Tom Murphy aging on it is exquisite. The amp sounds exactly like you think it should. Both are in excellent condition and as they were collector owned, have seldom been played.
These 50th Anniversary combos are rarely if ever for sale. This is your opportunity to own a very special guitar/amp set at a lower price than you will find IF you ever found another one.
Specs & Details:
50th Anniversary Les Paul and Marshall Bluesbreaker Set
Gibson Guitars and Marshall Amplifiers have joined forces to create a limited edition set to celebrate Marshall’s 50th anniversary. Limited to a production run of 50, 15 of which are available in the US, the 50th Anniversary Marshall Les Paul and Bluesbreaker Set is sure to be one of the prized jewels of your collection. The Murphy-aged Gibson Custom 50th Anniversary Marshall Les Paul Gold Top offers classic Les Paul tones and precise attention to detail. A hand-wired Limited Edition 50th Anniversary 1962 Bluesbreaker tube combo delivers killer British amp tones. You’ll instantly recognize the classic sound of this guitar and amp when you hear it, and it’s the sound that helped define rock and blues guitar.
50th Anniversary Marshall Les Paul and Bluesbreaker Set at a Glance:
- This Les Paul was made to be a collector’s item
- Hand-wired combo with iconic Marshall tone
This Les Paul was made to be a collector’s item
Gibson Custom has gone all out for the 50th Anniversary Marshall Les Paul Goldtop. This 1957 Gold Top is a historically accurate reissue Gold Top that has been hand-aged by Tom Murphy. The quarter-sawn mahogany neck with long neck tenon and the original chunky ’50s rounded neck profile are setup for optimum playing action and feel. A one-piece mahogany body and maple top conjure the classic Les Paul tone you expect from a Gibson. Beginning with vintage CTS potentiometers and bumble bee capacitors, every part of its internal signal path is designed to give you absolutely dead-on ’57 Les Paul tone. Instead, the ’57 Les Paul sports a pair of Gibson’s Burstbucker Alnico II humbuckers with historically unmatched bobbin windings. Custom 50th Anniversary appointments include a 12th fret Marshall logo, a commemorative pickguard with a “Marshall 50th” badge, and a Jim Marshall signature truss rod cover. The Gibson Custom 50th Anniversary Marshall Les Paul Goldtop is a true collector’s piece.
Hand-wired combo with iconic Marshall tone
The hand-wired Limited Edition 50th Anniversary 1962 Bluesbreaker tube combo amplifier is based on the JTM45, widely considered to be the definitive ’60s Marshall. With 30-watts of power channeled through dual 12″ Celestion G12C Greenback alnico speakers, you’ll command the legendary guitar tones of ’60s rock legends. The Anniversary Bluesbreaker features an aluminum chassis and a hand-woven grille cloth. You’ll also get a certificate of authenticity, a dust cover for the amp, and a book on the history of the 1962 amp. The Bluesbreaker is the guitar amp that shaped the sound of ’60s blues and rock, from sweet and smooth clean tones to overdriven, growling dirt. One channel and basic tone controls are all that’s needed for iconic tone. This amp oozes sonic sweetness from its all-tube design, which imparts the natural sustain and compression the JTM45 was famed for. Simply put, you’ll love how it sounds, feels, and plays. Add a piece of history to your collection with the Marshall Limited Edition 50th Anniversary 1962 Bluesbreaker.
Gibson 50th Anniversary Marshall Les Paul Gold Top Features:
- Historically-correct reissue of the iconic 1957 Les Paul Gold Top
- Limited to 50 worldwide, 15 available in the US
- Hand-aged cosmetics by Tom Murphy
- 1-piece mahogany body with carved maple top
- Period-correct early ’50s rounded neck profile
- Mahogany neck, with extended neck tenon for exceptional sustain and response
- 12th fret Marshall logo inlay and Jim Marshall signature truss rod cover
Marshall Limited Edition 50th Anniversary 1962 Bluesbreaker Features:
- Accurate reissue of the legendary JTM45 amplifier, with two 12″ Celestion G12C Greenback speakers
- Limited to 50 worldwide, 15 available in the US
- 30 watts of power, perfect for gigging and recording
- Aluminum chassis and hand-woven grille cloth
- Footswitchable tremolo sounds amazing
- Straightforward control set is all you need to craft a range of vintage ’60s guitar tones
Marshall 1962LE, The Consummate British Blues Combo
According to the late, great Jim Marshall, this amp was first designed following a conversation with a young English guitarist who used to practice in Jim’s music shop and later went on to international stardom. “He was one of the first guitarists to ask me for a combo version of the JYM45,” Jim recollected, years later. “He wanted something that’d be easy for him to get in and out of the boot [trunk] of his car, you see. That’s how the 1962 came about.”
- Goldtop Les Paul
- 1-piece mahogany back, plain maple top
- Mahogany neck
- ’50s rounded neck profile
- Acrylic trapezoids with “Marshall” logo at the 12th fret
- Holly veneer headstock
- Vintage keystone tuners
- ABR-1 bridge
- Aged lightweight aluminium tailpiece
- BurstBucker #1 neck pickup
- BurstBucker #2 bridge pickup
- Gold top hat knobs
- Antique gold-Murphy aged finish
- Controls: 2 Volume, 2 Tone, 3-way switch
- Aged nickel hardware
- Truss rod cover: Historic bell shape with “Jim Marshall” signature
- Neck joint: Long tenon set neck with “Jim Marshall” signature
- Includes Custom shop hard case, Certificate of Authenticity
- Marshall 1962LE bluesbreaker Amp
- 30 Watts RMS
- 2 x Alnico T.652 Speakers
- Aluminium Chassis
- Hand-wired Tag Board
- 4 x ECC83 Pre-amp Tubes
- 2 x KT66 Power Tubes
- Rare pinstripe fretcloth
- Footswitchable Tremolo (Speed & Depth Controls)
- Footswitch Included
- 4 Inputs
- Bass, Middle, Treble, Presence controls
- Volume I & Volume II controls
Branded Dust Cover